Go with your gut and make your next bid creative mind-blowing (totally risk-free). If you don’t win the bid, you don’t pay a penny.
You’re wondering if I’ve gone crazy. You’re thinking that no sane creative director would deliver game-changing, advertising-infused creative for 5 bid teams, but only charge for it if they ultimately go on to win the business. You’re sure that ‘no win, no fee’ is for people who’ve had accidents at work, not people who need to win bids.
You might be right. But I’m doing it anyway. And you’d be equally crazy to miss out.
Method behind the madness
At its core, advertising is about hooking an audience, delivering a message and leaving an impression strong enough to compel action. When bids do the same, the battle is usually won before it’s even begun. My team and I have spent the past 10 years bringing advertising to bids so we know it works.
The proof is in the pudding. And the pudding is our 80% win rate. I recently gave my suit a night out in honour of the APMP Conference 2017, where I took to the stage with Martin Smith (Bid Solutions MD) to talk about this very subject.
Afterwards, I got chatting to the many bid professionals at the event, and an undeniable trend emerged: all of them could see how an advertising approach could transform their bids. All of them wanted to put it to the test. But they were also all coming up against one major obstacle: securing budget for something so untested within their organisations.
And that’s why I decided to separate the risk from the reward, and offer 5 companies (non-vendor) a truly unique opportunity – all of the below with a ‘pay when you win’ promise:
If you don’t win the bid, you don’t pay a penny.
But we know that won’t happen. So maybe I’m not crazy after all.
For more information (I’m more than happy to show you some of our previous work) or to apply contact Simon Wellstead, Creative Director – [email protected] or call +44(0)1252 715 059.
The fine print (Terms & Conditions)
1. To apply please contact Simon Wellstead or email Laura Brace (Client Services Director) [email protected]
2. Only UK-based companies are eligible to apply, although non-UK based entries will be considered if reasonable expenses fees are agreed
3. Offer is not open to bid consultants or bid contractors
4. Out of all applications, 5 companies will be chosen entirely at the discretion of SMSW Media who reserve the right for a full and final decision. We will work with 1 company a month on a ‘Pay When You Win’ basis. Each winning company will receive the following services for 1 bid campaign on a ‘Pay When You Win’ basis:
5. Winners’ fees (payable only if the associated bid is successful) will be based on our normal service charges and a cost breakdown will be provided once the initial scope meeting has taken place
6. Print production costs, web applications, outdoor advertising, polystyrene rockets, airships, satellites or similar items will not be covered as part of the offer. These will be passed on at cost to each winner via our preferred partner. We are happy to work with your print or construction provider if preferred
7. Bid deadline should ideally fall within six months
8. Your bid must be identified as a ‘must win’ for you.